Surgery is good if there is a change in the shape of the breasts due to leakage or hardening
Surgery for implant replacement is performed under general anesthesia, lasting between one and two hours, during which new implant implants are replaced. The location of the new implants may be in the same location or location in the chest, considering the findings that were diagnosed before and during the procedure. The method of surgery can vary from one patient to another depending on the shape of the breasts, the reason for the replacement of the implants, the type and quality of the skin, the quantity, thickness and elasticity of the soft tissue. It may be recommended by doctors to make a change in the breast follicle, similar to breast lift surgery.
Complications and side effects
- Hemorrhages can occur in about 3% of all operations performed.
- Infection in the surgical wound is common in less than 2% of all operations. After surgery, we recommend taking preventive antibiotics for 5 days.
- Pain: The level of pain and postoperative pain varies from woman to woman and from different types of surgery. In principle, enlargement under the muscle creates sensitivity in moving the shoulder belt and effort, longer than the growth of the muscle. For the most part, it is possible to return to stress-free activity several days after surgery. The sensitivity persists for an average of three weeks (and sometimes more).
- Decreasing sensation in the nipple area occurs in less than 3% of cases.
- Usually, the feeling returns until about a year after surgery, and in a minority of cases the feeling is not restored. In increases under muscle, we found that the incidence of this side effect is even lower.
- Breastfeeding is usually not compromised by implants located under the muscle.
- A rupture of the implant is a rare case, since these implants have a very durable lining and the risk of rupture or leakage is low but may increase over time. A leaking implant should be replaced, even if the finding is discovered by chance.
- Capsule hardening: The body produces defenses against foreign bodies (the implant). As mentioned above, even after implant replacement surgery, additional hardening may occur.
** Side effects will be detailed by doctors before surgery